Activities & Outdoor Information
Over the years of writing on the Withywindle Blog I’ve written a number of articles for parents or teachers looking for information on taking children (or anyone else) outdoors. I’ve collected them here for easy reference. Some articles suggest specific activities or places to go, others are more general.
More articles will be added as they get written. If there’s an activity, topic or program write-up that would be helpful to you, contact me. I would be happy to write an article on any nature or outdoor-related topic.
- 13 Outdoor Places in MA and NH to Explore With Your Family
- 13 Ways to Get Kids of All Ages Engaged in Nature and the Outdoors
- A Sit Spot for Nature Observation
- Book Review: The Nature Connection, An Outdoor Workbook for Kids, Families and Classrooms
- Coyote Teaching: A Method of Getting People More Engaged In the Natural World
- Differentiating Wild Canine Tracks From Domestic Canine Tracks
- Earth Education, Environmental Education and Experiential Education – A Blended Approach
- Exploring the Outdoors When Nobody Wants to Go Outdoors
- Letterboxing as a Means of Exploration
- Natural History Lesson at Home: Dissecting Owl Pellets
- Online Nature Study Program (a series of 8 classes)
- Suggested Gear List For Exploring the Outdoors With Children